Howling to the Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howling to the Moon

Roleplay a dog or a wolf in a daily battle for territory and prey in the ruins of a city and the greenery of a forest.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

At The Lakeside

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:21 pm

Vixen stopped at the lake, lapping up a few mouthfuls of the precious fresh water. It tasted clean, crisp, almost sweet. It was cool and soothing to her throat and she enjoyed every last drop of it. Looking back up, she shook her fur as she gazed upon the lake's surface. Ducks and geese flecked the top, bobbing in the soft waves.
She growled as she heard something, her ear flicking. She whipped around, leaping forward and pinning the spy to the grassy ground, letting no sound from her muzzle in her silent victory. It was short-lived, the wolf she thought she had caught turned out to be nothing more than a stray pine marten. She growled, her lips curled up in disgust. She killed it quickly, burying her fangs within it's throat. She felt a snap as she broke it's spine, snapping beneath her jaws like dead leaves under paws.
Kicking it away, she looked back at the lake. Insolent creature... She lashed her tail once, her paws driving their claws into the moist soil. Was she accepted within Kestrel's killing pack? It was vital information she needed to know, she had to complete this goal to move onto the next.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 11:06 am

Kestrel stared blankly at the marten that landed at his feet. Most would have been disgusted at the sight of it, but he was used to such gory spectecles. "We could eat that you know."
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:59 pm

Vixen didn't flinch. Not a muscle moved. So she was right, a wolf had been behind her. The marten was just a coincidence. "Go on, eat it." she mused, keeping a growl away from her words, though it begged to be released. She wasn't hungry, not for food. Power maybe, but not food.
Once more she lashed her tail, annoyance prickling in her pelt. Only questions filled her mind, questions that could not be answered. Not by her. Only Kestrel could. And yet, he was right behind her. At the foot of her prey. She wouldn't ask her, no. That might change his mind. The situation was far to fragile to threaten her chance into the pack, she needed to be in. The first step of her master plan must be completed.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:24 pm

Kestrel shook his head. "You have no understanding of what it is to be in a pack. All you seek is power, power that cannot be found here." His golden eyes flashed. "I know the reason you joined was to simply take over and run the pack. Many of those who joined thought that as well, until I pointed out what I shall point out to you now." He looked around, not scared of spies, just out of habit, then began. "My first point, would be that most of the canines here have joined me because of blackmail. I have promised to give them riches, the lands of the packs, food, power, what they wish, as long as they respect me as their leader. Some joined out of the want to kill, others out of fear, but the wolves that make this pack powerful are here for a different reason. They are the only ones who know me scheme. You may or may not have heard rumors that I seek to destroy the packs. This is just foolish superstition. I am beyond such a simple task. If I wanted the packs dead, I would have killed them moons ago. If somebody else where to take over, all those who where blackmailed, and those whom where after my secret would find other places to go, leaving you with the dimwitted killers and the wimps. Not much of a pack, is it?"
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 7:28 pm

At this, Vixen stifled a sigh. She turned around, her gaze steady and full of truth. "And I see that you have no understanding of my intentions, am I right? I am not after leadership of your pack. I am here to kill, just as the rest are. I do not care of rich prey, power over the pack, I don't even care for companions. I just enjoy the feeling of blood on my claws." she ended, sitting down as she let her tail tip touch the edge of the water. The cool lake sending chills up her tail, which she ignored.
She looked steadily at the white wolf, "Perhaps you are a little more suspicious than you should be. Even for a Pack leader, Kestrel." she barked, blinking her eyes. "I have only a single question, wolf. Am I allowed within the ranks of your pack?" she asked, hoping with all the hope of the world she could. She loved the feeling of succession in her blood. She didn't mind killing a few mindless canines either.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:49 pm

Kestrel blinked. "You can kill without being in a pack Vixen. You said when we first met that you are a good actress and liar, and I have no intentions of believing a word of what you say. There is one more thing about this pack that is unusual. Nobody trusts anyone, no matter how long they have been members, no matter how hard they work. As long as they are willing to do my bidding, they are accepted, but never trusted."
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:20 pm

Vixen nodded, blinking her amber eyes. "Very well, I don't believe I've ever trusted another soul before. So, I don't suppose this pack should change anything." she barked, replying to the white wolf's words. "I'll do your bidding, as long as I receive my fair end of respect." she looked back down at the lake, forcing the grin that begged to let upon her face. She licked a few drops off the surface of the lake, the still water now sending ripples in every direction.
Turning once again to her new leader, she asked. "Is there any mission or objective of some sort I am to be assigned?"
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:35 pm

Kestrel gave a smile. "Soon, my friend, there will be more missions that need completed than you will be able to bear. I shall execute my master plan in but a few moons."
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:55 pm

Vixen nodded, "Very well." she dipped her tinged furred head politely, trying to show at least a little respect, though she held none. Her amber eyes blinked almost warmly, pride swelling secretly inside. "I will be waiting, my leader." she barked obediently.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 4:23 pm

Kestrel's golden eyes narrowed. She had no clue what was coming. She would be lucky to survive until he performed the ritual. Many would die before then, and those who survived would wish they hadn't. His rein was coming, but patience was necessary. It always was.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 4:59 pm

Vixen's ear twitched. His eyes. It was all in the wolf's eyes. He's planning something. In turn she narrowed her eyes, forcing a growl down her throat. She held his gaze, waiting for him to back off. She could stay like this for days and not blink a single time.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 6:53 pm

Kestrel's eyes looked back with his usual calm. He was a born leader, a heartless killer, a villain in short. He knew how to old a gaze, yet he knew others did also. If he wished it, they could stay like that for hours, days, till hunger drove them on. However, the white wolf had more important issues to be dealing with. "Vixen, a mission has in fact come to mind. I need you to take one or two others with you and find me some canines. Wise canines, whom know of the world. I also need you to bring me a dog who may seem like a lunatic. However strange his behavior, Uttilli is a fortune teller, though not many know. I need him and his brother. Use whatever force necessary to bring me them, but it would help if they where brought in the best conditions possible."
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:40 pm

Vixen nodded, "Do I pick the wolves?" she nearly blinked, nearly.
A mission was just the thing she needed to get Kestrel on her side. It wouldn't be easy, but if she did enough, she could gain his trust. Perhaps even his friendship. That's when I'll strike. she let the thought drift through her quick thinking mind, but didn't let an ounce of it show through her gaze.
Besides, she was bored. There was absolutely nothing to do around the forest. All she could kill was prey, and that wasn't very satisfying. Her new assignment might be fun, but it would be slightly challenging. If the dog refused to come, she'd have to have the right wolves with her to make sure her assignment wasn't killed. She needed wolves to obey her every command, no questions asked. Wolves that were fast, smart, but then again, not that smart. Too much knowledge could be dangerous. She might need a strong wolf as well, if her charges were to be brought unconscious, a wolf with great strength would be necessary to grant them safe passage.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 10:04 am

Kestrel gave a nod. "Normally, I would ask someone like Ink to do this. It is risky. If you are caught by the wrong canines you will have to abandon the mission, and my plan will need to be re-thinked. Do not fail me."
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 3:18 pm

Vixen growled, "Failure is not in my vocabulary." she narrowed her gaze. "Just show me where the wolves are and this will be done before anyone knew it started." she barked, eager to get her paws moving.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 5:22 pm

"Past the dunes, across the city and just a few walks away from the church stands a farm. Last I heard my potential victims are currently staying that, along with my enemy. Be careful. Do not let anyone know you are doing this for me." Kestrel growled.

OOC: ALL THAT LONG RAMBLING EXPLANATION AND SHE STILL THINKS SHE CAN GAIN HIS TRUST? NOBODY GAINS HIS TRUST. HIS TRUST GLAND DIED YEARS AGO FROM UNDER USE D<
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 7:58 pm

Vixen nodded. "Very well. Where are the two that are to accompany me?" she barked, thinking about the type of wolves she would need to complete her latest task. Strong and swift. That's all they had to be.

ooc: Ik. she don't care. She'll probably be killed by somethin later on.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:54 am

After a sencond's thought, Kestrel gave a grin. "Soluia and Kiluar. Soluia has strength and agility, Kiluar has more plans and schemes up his paw that any of up put together. They will be good aid. Oh, and you may as well take Toboe with you. He will give no sort of support, but he needs the experience."
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:42 pm

Vixen nodded, the wolves weren't exactly what she had in mind, but they would do. Of course, she would keep a keen eye on Kiluar. If he was as smart as Kestrel said, though she doubted it, he might feel the need to rebel against her and have her killed. She would have a show of leadership towards him if he just happened to want to ignore her commands.
"Good." she practically growled, her eyes narrowed. "Bring me my recruits and we will get started." she replied. She didn't even know these wolves, how did he expect her to find them? She could ask of course, but that was against her nature. She didn't ask, she told. She might wind up fighting with a pack-mate if she had to ask anything from them.
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 2:49 pm

ooc: Blue still needs stuff to do...I haven't rp'd him in months...T-T
Back to top Go down
https://howlingtothemoon.rpg-board.net
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Kestrel narrowed his eyes. He didn't like how she spoke, as if she was leader, as if she was in command. She knew about as much as a new-born pup about his pack and how it was run. But he said nothing, padding away into the dense undergrowth.

OOC: Blue is gonna do sometin with Kestrel =3
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 4:44 pm

Vixen nodded, feeling slightly satisfied with herself. She was finally going to do something. Sure she was happy having a good life, plenty of prey and enough water to survive here for the rest of her life, having a full belly every night. But it just wasn't enough. She had more of a purpose than that. No doubt of that.
She turned back around, facing her own reflection in the glass-like surface of the lake. She growled, furious that her life was filled with nothing. The only thing she'd actually pulled off was killing a few harmless wolves. She swiped harshly at the water, her claws sending drops of fresh water every where.
Kestrel was her only hope at succession.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 4:45 pm

OOC: Blarg I dun feel like poshting again, and then draggin Doc. Lays here. Can we just start a new thread?
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 12:48 am

ooc: idc, I just started this thread cause I was bored.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

At The Lakeside Empty
PostSubject: Re: At The Lakeside   At The Lakeside Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At The Lakeside
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Howling to the Moon :: The Valley and Beyond :: The Lake-
Jump to: