Howling to the Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howling to the Moon

Roleplay a dog or a wolf in a daily battle for territory and prey in the ruins of a city and the greenery of a forest.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lost At The Beach

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:11 pm

The heat sucked away any ounce of water she had left. Her tongue felt swollen and wobbly, as if she couldn't possibly use it. Her paws dragged in the thick sand, her tail drooping, and her nose practically trailing on the beach.

Using possibly the last of her strength, she looked up, panting heavily, to see a great blue body of water in the distance. New hope drove her to run toward it, eager to get water down her throat and quench the unbearable thirst.

When she reached it, she dipped her head down into the water and started sucking in the precious liquid. She ended up tossing her head up and coughing, her nose wrinkled up in disgust. The salt stung her whole mouth and she shook her muzzle, trying to at least calm it. Not soon after, she vommited.

Feeling worse than before and very close to death, she laid on the sand, face shoved onto her paws.
"I should have never left you, father. Look where I am now. I've shame you and mother."
Back to top Go down
Misery

Misery

Aries Rat

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:29 pm

Misery looked at the youbg creature. "Parents? Not worth you time." SHe layed a shell of freash water down. "Drink, or you'll be my next meal." The half-breed growled.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 12:22 am

Silan closed her eyes, barely even breathing anymore. When she heard a voice, it sounded calm and mellow, dreamily wreathing its way into her mind. Once meal was mentioned, she felt her ears perk up and she looked drowsily at the creature in front of her.

Then she was back at the beach, staring up at a wolfdog, smaller than she, but still dangerous. A shell lay beside her, filled with water. Silan sniffed at it, eager to gulp it down, but she didn't want salt. She didn't smell one ounce of sodium.

She shoved her snout in and drank in deeply, finishing the shell off before she really had time to enjoy it, but it was enough to keep her alive. Looking up, she saw the wolf-dog again.
"Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Misery

Misery

Aries Rat

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 4:02 pm

"Misery, now come on. I'll bring you to the valley so you can get a meal and more water there's a lake. Now hurry up. I probley shouldn't be helping you." Misery growled lowly. She truned a flicked her tail heading to the dunes.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:34 pm

"Valley?" Silan asked quietly, weakly. After a moment, she figured she shouldn't be asking more questions, and get her tail moving. She urged her paws, the muscles in her legs, pushing with a strained attempt to rise. But she couldn't, after about two inches, her limbs gave out and she beached on the sand. "I can't." she whined, close to tears, if dogs could cry.

She curled up into a ball, "Go. Leave me. I don't wish to live." she growled, even weaker than the words before that. She was furious with herself, furious with the pathetic excuse she called strength, furious for her own stupidity, her own foolish stubbornness. She was just plain furious.
Back to top Go down
Misery

Misery

Aries Rat

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:40 pm

Misery sighed. She hooked onto the dogs scruffa nd pulled her leaveing a long line. "I should eat you for breakfeast!" She growled yanking harder and harder. NOt much prgress was being masde, but slowly she was makeing her way.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:53 pm

Silan growled suddenly, harder than the last. "Get off." she glared at the half-wolf, feebly pushing her paws against the creature. "I'm staying here." Teeth sliced into her scruff, and she was reduced to whining and grunting softly, in the sand, dying mentally and physically, each way painfully slow.

Last edited by Rain on Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Misery

Misery

Aries Rat

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:58 pm

Misery rolled her eyes. Why did she care. She let go and headed to the water. Sitting down so that it wellled up to her chest when the waves came in. The cool touch felt nice. It calmed her system down. Let her dye. She could feel heself dying already. She couldn't take this. She let out a deep breath. Misery felt it chill herto the bone. life was unfair. 'That's my dareling' the voice inside rised up deathly. 'Listen to me and you'll survive I promise' Misery shook her head. Pain throbbing in it.
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 7:27 pm

Soluia stalked over the sand, sighing and dropping her head hopelessly as she watched their most recent newcomer drop another outsider roughly on the sand, abandoning the dog and wading into the water, looking frustrated.
"If Kestrel weren't so desperate for followers," she called, "I would drown you." humor was apparent in her bark. As she padded up to the tall dog's emaciated form, she glanced at its portruding ribs and hipbones.
"If you'd like, I can catch something for you to eat before we walk." It wasn't really an offer, though. She'd do it either way.
There was no way around it, Soluia was going to bring this dog back to Kestrel, and bring her back alive. She looked like she'd be a strong fighter, if she were fattened up a bit. And if not, she might make a good healer.
"What's your name?" she bent and asked the dog.

ooc: she's only bein' nice to Silan b'cuz it's Soluia's mommy instinct kicking in. She just can't deny helping a canine in distress.
I think I wanna post a 'Hidden Histories' for my charries nao. >:C
Back to top Go down
https://howlingtothemoon.rpg-board.net
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 7:35 pm

ooc: We should all have a Hidden Histories. I think it should be public, NOT JUST GREEDY WOLVY'S!! lolz.

Relief swept over Silan's entire form, only to endure another wave of pain as she crashed onto the ground, her scruff sore, her body sore, and her lungs struggling. She was going to cook, and then die.

When yet another she-wolf came about, she growled, trying to look tough, but she failed. The growl came out as a faint whimper. She was so desperate for help. When the wolf said something about food, Silan looked up longingly into the she-wolf's eye. She looked menacing, but she could see the warmth in her eyes. She didn't mean to kill her, not now.

Struggling to find enough air for words, she managed the faintest of smiles. "Silan. My name is..." an inhale of oxygen, "Silan."
Back to top Go down
Misery

Misery

Aries Rat

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 7:39 pm

"Oh ha ha very funny," Misery retorted walking back up. Shakeing her fur. I gave her water but she's to heavy for me to drag. I had to give up before I got the want to suck the blood from her body...and how I hte murdering a dog that's alreadly down....there's just no fun in it." Misery pouted sweetly. sitting beside soulia.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 7:47 pm

Kiluar gave a soft chuckle, coming up from behind the she-wolves, a fish in his mouth. He didn't know it, but somewhere in his line there was some of the Swimmer's blood in him. "Desperate? Kestrel? I've never seen that wolf give more than a cold laugh in all the time I've known him. I think he may just be recruiting us to make a point more than anything else."
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 7:59 pm

Soluia looked round at her packmate, chuckling. "I know. Though it would seem like desperation to anybody else." turning aorund fully, she gestured a paw toward his fish. "Mind if our new friend Silan has some of that?" she asked, ignoring Misery's morbid comment.
Back to top Go down
Misery

Misery

Aries Rat

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 8:04 pm

Misery looked at he dunes rememberingthe silver fox. Her eyes takeing on a far cloudy look. Like she was lost in another world. He never said his name. But she remembered him. A way out of this mess, she tought. Hr eyes took on a look like she was stareing out past the dunes. Hunger...

ooc:anyone need a wolf killed off or a dog....
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 8:08 pm

Silan looked up, at the newest wolf. He had none of the she-wolf's genorosity, none of her kindness. But she might as well try, might as well give at least some sort of effort. "Please?" she asked weakly, hoping he'd say yes.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 8:09 pm

Kiluar shrugged and passed it over to her. He noticed Misery's blank expression and frowned. "You alright? You seem a little.. Out of it."
Back to top Go down
Misery

Misery

Aries Rat

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 8:27 pm

Misery shook her head. "Yes, I was just spaceing out I guess." BLinking she looked at the dog.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 3:44 pm

Silan looked at the fish, weakly licking her muzzle. "Can I?" she couldn't finish her sentence, so she ended it quickly. She felt so weak, she couldn't move a muscle. Even if she wanted to. And she did. Very, very much.

She felt pathetic, like a scavenger. A beggar. She was, after all. She knew only the basics of hunting and only defensive moves in fights. Silan was doomed for her own death. Without food provided for her.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 7:53 pm

Kiluar licked his lips. "It seems not that long ago at all we found you near here Misery. You looked as pathetic as this." There was general humour in his voice. "We'd better take her to camp I guess. She looks like she'd die the second we left her."
Back to top Go down
Misery

Misery

Aries Rat

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 3:03 am

"Me, pathetic looking. I looked normal for me. Covered in others blood. I was wlaking here becuase I was bored." Misery barked. She can't remember a hungrey day in her life.
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 9:33 pm

Soluia pawed the fis over to Silan's withered form, nodding at Kiluar's words with a small smile. "No kidding." she looked up at her packmate. "Should we take her to the lake first to get water or wait till we get to the dens and send a subordinate to get some?"
Then she glanced at Misery, stifling a snort and wearing a lopsided grin. "But you were all bedraggled and you looked like you hadn't groomed in weeks." she said. "Just be glad winter hadn't started quite yet when we found you. You'd have been as scrawny as her." she gestured to Silan.

ooc: Even deserts get cold in the winter.
I'm imagining the lake just under two miles away from the dens...not too far, right? Or too near?
Hm...do you guys think the lake would be frozen? I think it would be, and enough so that the wolves could walk on it...maybe there's a spot in the very middle of the lake that has thinner ice that you can break to get to the water?
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 11:05 pm

ooc: maybe. Winter has been that far in tho, so t might not be completely frozen. The inner side of the lake would still be unfrozen like u said.

Silan felt her brain surge and she eagerly darted her head forward, instinct driving her. She ripped savagely into the salty fish meat, her fangs digging through its white flesh. She knew she was being barbaric, but she hadn't eaten in weeks, and the desert had stripped her of all her hydration. Her belly seemed swollen now, after only three bites or so, and she threw up.

Growling in disgust, she whipped back around and finished off the prey. Her belly was filled and she could find the strength to stand. Just barely. "Thank you." she smiled and dipped her head slightly, not wasting any energy to raise it back up all the way.
Back to top Go down
Misery

Misery

Aries Rat

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 11:24 pm

"You know I can take care of myself, I've been doing that for awhil know ya' know," Misery muttered lookig awa.Rady t pounce on aouta there, maybe see how Blue was doing.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 10:45 am

"Keh, I used to look after myself, used to be able to kill a deer by myself sometimes, not often though. I was fine on my own. Didn't stop me nearly getting run over though." Kiluar licked his lips, flicking his tail at Silan. "I'm not as cruel as you might think. I'm not one to leave someone starving when I have some perfectly good food with me. But you look like you're about to faint. We'd better get you over to the caves."

OOC: I like to think that Kestrel has many mini-camps :3 One in the dunes, one in the valley lake thing and one near the beach. The beach one is just some rock formations shaped into pretty small caves.
Back to top Go down
Misery

Misery

Aries Rat

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 5:25 pm

"I'll see you all there later i'm heading to the lake for awhile." Misery flicked her tail and walked away and over teh dunes disappering from sight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lost At The Beach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost At The Beach   Lost At The Beach Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost At The Beach
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Howling to the Moon :: The Valley and Beyond :: The Beach-
Jump to: