Howling to the Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howling to the Moon

Roleplay a dog or a wolf in a daily battle for territory and prey in the ruins of a city and the greenery of a forest.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meeting The Unknown

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Meeting The Unknown Empty
PostSubject: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 6:35 pm

The sun beat down upon her back, her sore muscles creaked with strain. All night she'd been working, two days she'd been going, non-stop. No break, no meal, just work. As soon as she had awoken from her sleep, she'd shaken herself and thrown her being headfirst into work.

First the farm, everyone had to be visited, the borders had to be patrolled. Of course, Fern was still guarding, but Gaoth figured more help couldn't hurt. Afterward, she'd went out and hunted. She picked out the biggest, fattest buck she could find, and she took it. It put up quite a fight, and she felt bruises and sores prickling over her skin like leeches, draining her energy away.

After, she stored it and went to scout out the rest of the woods, checking to see exactly where the borders of each pack had been. She desperately wanted to speak with them, but not without advice from her trusted friend Citali.

Kadal seemed too stiff to allow her to do anything with the packs. She wasn't his Omega, he had no authority over her.He didn't, for lack of a better word, intimidate her. She didn't like him, but she did trust him. He seemed a wolf of his words, however good that sounded. No matter how much he still loved his brother, she could trust that he would do anything in his power to stop him.

Whatever the white wolf decided to do. Kestrel had been hidden away, keeping his forces tucked away in the hills, planning and plotting. But for what? What was he going to do? What could he possible do with Utilli?

Just thinking of the past events made the rebel leader's blood boil. She had to stop him, she had to. She wouldn't let suffering fall over the town, or the forest. There was just no way she could allow it, not unless she was already dead. And she wouldn't die without a fight. A messy, blood-bathed, dangerous fight full of nothing less than violent grudge.

So now she carried the meat, still warm from the hunt, toward the school house. The deer pelt felt twenty pounds heavier, and sweat beaded upon her skin beneath the thick white fur. She was almost there, practically at the doorstep of the old, abandoned building. Where was this 'associate' Locust was speaking of? Or was it just merely a trap?
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:07 pm

OOC: Kadal doesn't treat her like an Omega. He values her opinions and respects her, but doesn't want her telling him what to do. She acts like they are friends, and he doesn't want her to be friend. :l Just sayin.

The gold dog's eyes watched Gaoth as she made her way across the school yard. Absent mindedly, he touched his 'third eye,' letting out an involuntary chuckle. He was only half paying attention to the advancing canine, and he was not remotely worried. His size was normally enough to intimidate any enemy, for the dog was at least a head taller than even a wolf. He let his mind wander, thinking of Locust. Where had that annoying dog gone? As much as he pestered him, he missed the loud-mouthed male's insults and stupid comments. Locust had that effect on others, when he was there you wanted to shove him off a cliff, but when he wasn't you found he was easily missed. Ah well, perhaps he had moved on. Loners didn't normally take territory, though the giant had. He didn't chase anyone out unless they angered him though, and didn't patrol it.

The smell of blood brought the mercenary back to present day. Prey scent. This was either a canine who hadn't bothered to wash off the blood of a recent kill, a disrespectful act towards those who died to feed them, or someone who wanted a job done. Either cases that would need to be instigated. He stood, stretching, then trotted out of the shadows, involuntarily laughing like a maniac. He looked for all the world like some insane dog emerging from a dark corner. The effect was eerie, to say the least, and not one he intended at all. Between breaths of laughter, he managed to grunt a question. "Who goes there? State your name an business." His voice was a lot more gruff than he anticipated. He hadn't talked to anyone in over a day, it made sense. He had right to be wary; there was more than one mutt out there who would give his fangs to be able to peel Sphinx's pelt off one strip at a time.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:50 pm

ooc: Ik, I just makin it out in her perspective. I got nothin against Kadal.

The white dog stopped, dropping the deer, the muffled thud of carcass hitting earth echoing in her ears. She let out a low growl, but silenced it almost immediately. Where was that noise coming from? The laughing was everywhere it seemed, and it almost intimidated her. Almost.

She stepped forward, guarding the prey she'd worked so hard to catch. If it wasn't the dog she was looking for, she wasn't about to let some scavenger take it away. Not without a fight.

Clearing her throat, Gaoth spoke up, blue eyes hard as steel. "Gaoth, I come as an ally of Locust's." Enough said, more explaining later.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:00 pm

"Locust? That mutt isn't dead yet? Frankly I am surprised." Sphinx gave a growl. "An ally of his is not necessarily an ally of mine. He makes deals with some shady characters, and we are mere acquaintance, den-mates. State your business."

OOC: Wolvine, always the first to kill da muse. :D
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:18 pm

ooc: at least you try. C:

Gaoth rose her chin a fraction, keeping her head up so she could meet the suspicious gaze of the new dog that towered over even her. She returned the growl, keeping her voice gruff and to the point. "It all depends, who exactly are you?"
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 1:50 pm

OOC: I don't actually X3

"This is my territory, miss Gaoth. If you do not mind, I will ask the questions." Sphinx gave an irritated twitch, but his laughter continued. Most of the canines he encountered still held the tradition of the wolves, to enter territory only when invited, and to respect the owner of the land. The female obviously had lost the law.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 4:06 pm

Gaoth only rose her lip in a short sign of disagreement. "I am Gaoth. Anymore incompetent questions you'd like to ask?" She didn't have time to waste, Kestrel could be making his move at this very moment. She wasn't going to let it happen without her there with his tail stuck in her mouth. For a brief moment, she wondered how wolf blood would taste, if it'd be warmer than regular blood.

She couldn't wait to find out.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:24 pm

"Very well then. I suggest you leave." Sphinx turned, walking to his resting spot and lay back down. If this Gaoth character was going to disrespect him, he had no interest in her. Again, he was not very territorial, and though he could have easily broken her neck with hardly any effort, he didn't have any particular drive to. Still, that scent of blood was infuriating. He hadn't eaten a proper meal since Aki had finished his reign. He simply didn't have time to hunt. And he still had this human invader business to attend to. How annoying. Why did so many request his aid at once? During the Summer he was hardly ever bothered, yet during the colder months he seemed to always be working.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 9:43 pm

The white dog waited, her belly growling. Her jaw practically dropped open when the dog refused and told her to leave. She stifled a growl and took a moment to cool down. She was tired, hungry, and overall stressed. She had too much on her plate and Gaoth might actually be reaching her breaking point. There was only so much a dog could take.

But she had to endure, she had to have another on her side. She had to calm herself. Taking another deep breath from her nose, the white dog took another approach. She walked behind him, keeping her tail and head low, ears flattened to the side of her head. "Forgive me, but I've some troubles I can't handle alone. A dog that goes by the name of Locust sent me here looking for his ally. Do you know of any such creature?"

Respect, give him respect. Her pride would have to be dropped for now, it was all about him, she needed him to help her. She had to be submissive, no matter how degrading it was. How she hated it.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:22 am

"Locust as no allies. He is a backstabbing lying mongrel, unless you're paying him. Though I suppose I come close to the criteria." Between laughter, the giant managed to lick his muzzle. "My name is Sphinx. Pardon the laughter; it is something I lost control of long ago."
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 3:27 pm

Gaoth managed a half-smile. "Pleased to make your acquittance. I happen to be paying Locust now, actually. He said your a dog with a liking for fights?" She didn't mind his laughter, or his giant size. He didn't look as dangerous as Locust had made him out, he a looked actually quite friendly. Acted like it, too. Maybe he would make a good ally. Perhaps Gaoth was finally running into some good luck.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 7:31 pm

"A liking for fights? So like him to try and sweeten a deal. I do anything, as long as there is reward. My interests and personal pleasure have nothing to do with it." Sphinx was a dog who had come from good family. He had been brought up to respect strangers. His friendly act was nothing more that that, he would not hesitate to betray someone, and no longer felt guilt. Still, this Gaoth seemed pleasant enough. If she was willing to hire, he was willing to work. As long as she held at least some respect for him, he would do as she asked without question. Unless of course, somebody else offered a greater pay.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 8:34 pm

"I'm willing to offer you a good home and plenty of fresh prey, unless you'd like to stay here. I'd still bring you deer such as the one behind me. There is to be a great fight, I am anticipating it, and I need more paws to help me if I'm to defeat the wolf threatening everyone." She paused, her face growing stern and cold as stone as she looked up at him. "You're for hire, I know this, but if I am to hire you, I must know you won't give away any secrets or suddenly seek interest on the other side. I'm asking this not as a boss, but as an equal."

He couldn't do so, he had to keep his muzzle shut. Gaoth couldn't afford anymore advantages given away to the white wolf. It was bad enough she'd have to give Kiluar away soon, and she had no doubt he'd tell Kestrel everything he knew of her farm and anything he might have heard. Another spy would destroy any chance she had against her enemy.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 9:47 pm

"Of course. Loyalty to the customer. And, might I ask, who is this wolf you say threatens everyone? As far as I can tell, no wild canine has been near the Town since the Church incident. And I heard that apart from the kidnapping of an orphaned pup with no home, there was only a minor fight. When recruiting there are always battles though." Sphinx grinned, but it was not a pleasant grin. He couldn't help it though. The tan dog knew more than he was letting on. Locust was a nosy canine, and he could hardly ever shut up. He'd often told him of pestering Kestrel and Gaoth's packs, mocking them and telling him their plans. He would have been an excellent spy, if only he could control his massive snout. It was plain he was being recruited to fight Kestrel. And as long as the pay was good, and it did sound it, he would happily work for her.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 11:21 pm

Gaoth frowned, her mind going numb as memory brought her back to days in chains and cages. "Let's just say that a dog with my history can see past empty promises. That wolf, Kestrel, has no good intentions unless you enjoy a good and bloody fight with a definite chance of death on the side." She stifled a shiver crawling up her spine. She wasn't afraid of death, not a bit. She'd face it know, accept it happily even, if she knew it would help someone else. But she wouldn't let others suffer, not unless she could help it.

With or without help, Gaoth would face the white wolf again.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 11:57 pm

Sphinx licked his lips. He wasn't about to share this with his new employer, but he had done a job for the white wolf, bringing in a troupe from a town further away. His pay had been even more than had been promised. Still, no harm done. "I see. And what do you know about him?"
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 1:02 am

"Not much, to be honest. I just know a good lupine from a bad one." Gaoth didn't meet his eyes, just kept looking up at the moon, which hung on invisible string in the azure sky. It wasn't welcome in the day, yet it still had the strength to do so without any sort of shame or nervous cowardice. The white orb gave the dog some courage, some strength, some motivation to keep going on, keep working toward her goal. "He is one that hungers for that of which is not his, and of that I will not allow him to take."
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 10:56 am

"How do you know this? If he was planning to take territory don''t you think he would have made his move by now?" Sphinx frowned. He did not know much about kestrel either, yet from what he had seen his army had been large and well organized. If he had been planning an invasion, then they would have fallen long ago. He hadn't even probed the town yet.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 2:01 pm

"Plotting. He's taking his time, keeping me on my toes. It's a good strategy, and that's why he's using it. He's most likely waiting for the one moment I'm off my guard and he'll strike." She shrugged, not sure of what was really happening. All she knew for sure is that Kestrel would be back, to take the town and the forest, all in one go.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 5:16 pm

"No offence miss Gaoth, but from what I have heard your army is outnumbered, for Kestrel has at least ten for every one of your members. I do not think he sees you as a threat." Sphinx frowned. From what he knew, anyone wanting power would not wait to take it if they had the means necessary. And the wolf certainly had the means.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 8:20 pm

Smiling, she replied, "And that's why I seek out your audience, sir. Another set of paws is all I need." Gaoth simply shook her head, "I think he sees my character as clearly as I see his. He knows I'm too stubborn to let him go without my death. I would take on ten thousand wolves on my own to stop him." Her deep blue gaze turned as hard as stone, gleaming with the blood lust and determination she felt stirring within her limbs.

It was nice to know what she planned on doing, but first she had to figure out what he going to do. That's where Locust fit in.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 6:48 pm

"So, do you know what my bothersome little friend is doing?" Sphinx sniffed. Locust was known for taking any job, even if he couldn't do it. He was annoying that way. "I guess that carcass is his first payment?"
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:09 pm

Gaoth nodded, sighing in the process. She slumped her shoulders, almost as if she was giving up. "I can easily guess that your friend Locust is either trying to spy on this Kestrel without getting himself killed, or he's preparing a few lines of lies to spew at me for a fresh deer. And I will have no choice but to believe him, since I have no way of knowing where Kestrel's camp or camps are." She shook her head slowly, frowning hard.

"If you plan on cheating me, at least give me some warning. Then maybe I won't get my hopes up." Deep blue eyes softened, and she almost felt weak. He was right, she wasn't going to win this fight. She'd probably get herself killed in the process. Was she okay with that? More than okay, she was hoping for death. Gaoth didn't want to live forever.
Back to top Go down
Wolvine

Wolvine

Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:34 pm

"Locust is a canine of honour. His father was a wolf, a wolf from a long line of powerful wild dogs, and he takes his clients seriously. I suppose he'll be a successful spy, but about not killing himself... I can't be too certain. He isn't exactly.. Stealthy."
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:58 pm

"He's made it this far, hasn't he? His chances are fair fifty-fifty, if I may say so. Pray to the Gods he survives, and there's no doubt he'll be back," she said with a soft voice, she stood again. Chuckling, she shook her head softly. She had to talk to Citali. She knew nothing of the wolf gods, and yet she was speaking of them as if they were lost family. Perhaps the struggles of this endless battle were finally causing her to loose her mind.

Rolling her shoulder blades, she looked back over at the wolf. "You seem clever enough to live however you wish. Why like this? As a hired paw?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting The Unknown   Meeting The Unknown Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meeting The Unknown
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Howling to the Moon :: The Town :: The Schoolhouse-
Jump to: