Howling to the Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howling to the Moon

Roleplay a dog or a wolf in a daily battle for territory and prey in the ruins of a city and the greenery of a forest.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sweet Dreams

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Sweet Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Sweet Dreams   Sweet Dreams Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:01 pm

Mizu stayed in the sky, waiting for the arrival of the Daltori Alpha, Taiyo. It was time an important task was fulfilled, danger was lurking within the packs and there was no better time than this to help her Earthly brotheren.
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Sweet Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Dreams   Sweet Dreams Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:01 pm

The white she-wolf sat alone at the edge of the river, staring into the small torrent (lol oxymoron?). The stars and moon reflected in the water. Sighing, she flopped down onto the grass and looked at her own reflection. Random thoughts swirled in her mind. She chose one to occupy herself with.
As a subordinate, they all thought the only thing I would be able to do is scouting. All because of my white coat. I'd love to see all their faces now, seeing as I'm alpha. Hah.
Memories of her old friends and family flooded her mind. Stone, her father, a dark grey wolf with amber eyes...He was the best hunter of his time, she recalled. And her mother, Rose. She was white, like me. Her two brothers had been almost mirror images of Stone, just with green eyes.
Taiyo blinked as she realized something. "Neither of my parents had blue eyes. Or any of my littermates. Where do I get it from?" she asked herself. The only other wolf she'd ever know that had blue eyes was...
"The former alpha...." she whispered. For a few minutes she pondered the fact carefully. She came to no conclusions. After a while she fell asleep.

ooc: This thread is foreshadowing very important things that are to come.
I also want to mention that as a young wolf, a lot of the members of the Daltori pack caught a disease from drinking contaminated river water after a tornado hit the area and a lot of them died. Soon after that, there was a forest fire that killed a some more wolves. The only one to survive was her, and a few others. The alpha died too.
MYSTERY.
btw she has a secret life that is secret and only me and Gaoth know about it >:3 It may come out sometime later, when the plot to this whole site had thickened. *ominous music*
Back to top Go down
https://howlingtothemoon.rpg-board.net
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Sweet Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Dreams   Sweet Dreams Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:12 pm

ooc: *suspense* Yup, and we ain't tellin NO ONE. XD

Mizu found her chance. She entered the earth wolf world, stepping softly on the lush, green grass. It felt refreshing to be on stepping on something other than clouds. The air was crisp, clean, new. The midnight was clear, it's bright stars shining beautifully. She gazed down at the smooth flowing current of the river, seeing her own reflection was impossible. She smiled down at the water, lapping up a sip or two. She looked up, her face serious. This was Mizu's time. She was in her element.
She stopped at the edge of the bank, the sleeping wolf across from her. Easily she summoned the water with just a look of her ice blue eyes. It moved away, a wall of river water forming on her left and right. Just mud lay in front of her. She walked across the dry river bed, the blockades of water still on each side of her. She touched grass on the other side, stepping up, the water cascaded back to it's original form. The great buffeting sound of the water should have been enough to wake any wolf up.
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Sweet Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Dreams   Sweet Dreams Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:25 pm

Taiyo's eyes flew open and she jumped to her paws, drawing her lips back in a snarl. "Who's th--"
Her eyes found the wolf before her, with blue fur that seemed to flow like a current. "I've only heard in legends and s-stories..." she whispered. She shook her head vigorously. "I must be dreaming...yes, that's it." turning to Mizu, she said, "Yes. You're not really Mizu. You're only a figment of my imagination..."
She had never known what the goddess looked like (no pictures, hello?), but she'd heard tales from elder wolves and her mother that the celestial wolf Mizu was the goddess of water, and had the ability to control it in all it's forms...
And this wolf looked pretty watery.
"...Yes. You're only my mind's interpretation of what she looks like.. That's gotta be it." she said, loud enough for the wolf before her to hear.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Sweet Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Dreams   Sweet Dreams Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:29 pm

Mizu kept her gaze serious, emotionless. "You are dreaming, young one. But I am real. I have to see you in your dreams." she stood tall as her blue fur rippled like a great ocean. "You, like those before you, are the leader of Daltori pack. You are the one who possesses the power of water." she barked, her voice strong, yet soft. He tail hovered above the ground evenly, her face still and quiet as she waited for Taiyo to realize she really was being visited by Mizu.

Last edited by Gaoth on Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Sweet Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Dreams   Sweet Dreams Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:31 pm

ooc: *coughcoughDALTORIcough*

"Th-this..what? I-I..." she tilted her head slightly. "But it can't be....really, is it you...? Wait. I can..c-control...water?"

ooc: lol. tiny one-liner, anybody?
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Sweet Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Dreams   Sweet Dreams Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:39 pm

ooc: woops. I'll change that. XD

Mizu wasn't known for her patience. "Stand up child." she barked, a gently breeze swayed through the tree tops, taking away the stillness of the night. The moon shone bright, increasing Mizu's power dramatically. The moon let the ocean's tide sway in, increasing the water's strength She could feel it's power coursing through her veins, she absorbed it without showing a single feeling.
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Sweet Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Dreams   Sweet Dreams Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:55 pm

She straightened up and spoke, the only slight fear in her voice shown by the stutter. "Wh-what is it that you want?" it was then Taiyo could sense to power emanating from Mizu. Not like strength, but something even more potentially frightening....She couldn't put her paw on it, but it made her the tiniest bit nervous. "I...I'm sorry. I'm just a bit confused."
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Sweet Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Dreams   Sweet Dreams Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:57 pm

Mizu didn't blink. "Fear is natural." she simply barked. She stepped beside Taiyo, suddenly biting deep into her left ear. She tasted blood, but it didn't interest her much. She bit harder, letting her teeth sink all the way through. She held her grip, not letting Taiyo loose.
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Sweet Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Dreams   Sweet Dreams Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:14 pm

She yelped at the sudden attack, then a louder one as the blue wolf clamped her jaws shut around her ear. "What are you doing??!" she howled, wanting so much to spin and retaliate. But she knew that if she were to fight a god, she would be killed within seconds. "I-I'm sorry! Whatever I did, I'm sorry!"
Even though the pain wasn't excruciating, it still hurt.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Sweet Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Dreams   Sweet Dreams Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:18 pm

Mizu hung close for a few more moments, her saliva mingling with Taiyo's blood, within the Alpha's body. The water god released and backed away. Her energy felt as if it was sapped away, drained by Taiyo. The she-wolf had taken it all, barely leaving any energy for the blue goddess to stand on he own. It would heal in time, though. "It is done." she barked, her form started to fade away.
Back to top Go down
Citali
Admin
Citali

Pisces Buffalo

Sweet Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Dreams   Sweet Dreams Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:27 pm

Taiyo leaped away, whimpering, as Mizu released her ear. "Wh-what was th--" she stopped as she saw the color fade from the goddess's form, and soon blowing away like wind.
"What's done?!" she called, bounding forward as the wolf disappeared. "Don't go! Tell me!"
Her cries went unheard as the wind carried them across the territory.
A splash of water on her nose made her eyes fly open. "Taiyo!"
She looked around. Three of her packmates stood around her, worry and fear on their faces. "R-Rei? Genta? (pronounced jenta) Liu..? Wha...."
The small brown and white female to her right rushed forward. "Alpha Taiyo, we thought you were dead!"
"We were quite worried about you, Taiyo. When you hadn't returned by moonhigh, I came out with Rei and her subordinate to find you." the large gray male on her left nodded.
"When we saw you, and when we saw the blood, and you were just lying there..." the young black subordinate beside Rei (the brown/white female) whimpered.
"Don't worry, young one. I'm alright. I was sleeping." Taiyo stood up and shook her head vigorously, (again? X3) making droplets of blood fly from her punctured ear. Genta, the gray male, gave he ra doubtful look, but decided to stay quiet.
"Let's get back to camp so (insert name of healer/shaman here) can do something to help your ear."
Taiyo nodded and followed her packmates back toward the marshes, but not before taking a last glance at the stars.
Mizu....was it real? It had to be...my ear is bleeding, it had to be...
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Sagittarius Pig

Sweet Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Dreams   Sweet Dreams Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:32 pm

Mizu watched from above as the she-wolf was awakened by her pack mates and lead back to camp. As they traveled back to their watery camp. She crept down, unseen by all of them. She kept her nose close to Taiyo's ear, the one she had bitten. As her nose touched it, it flashed, instantly healed, leaving a new scar. It shone crimson, but it was harmless to the touch. "You have the element within your paws..." she whispered, her words unheard to any of the wolves beside Taiyo. Once again she left, this time for good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sweet Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sweet Dreams   Sweet Dreams Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sweet Dreams
Page 1 of 1